Rules & Regulations for Queen Entry
- All candidates must be between the ages of 17 and 25 years of age.
- Candidates must not have been married, had marriage annulled or given birth to a child.
- Candidates must be in good health and high moral character
- Candidates must be a senior in high school, a high school graduate or planning to attend an accredited college or university full-time.
- Candidates may be sponsored by a civic, religious, fraternal, business or social organization.
- Candidates must attend all meetings and sessions to which they are scheduled by the Coordinator-punctuality and participation is important.
- Candidates will dress appropriately relating to the theme of the Fiesta de las Flores, usually depicting the Mexican/Latino heritage.
- Candidates will be judged on poise, beauty, personality, physical appearance, costume, public speaking, on-stage interview, evening gown and personal interviews.
- A schedule of events will be provided to candidates at time of registration. A record or attendance will be provided to the judges for each candidate regarding required attendance at all Fiesta functions.
- Scholarships of $2,000, $1,500 and $1,000 will be awarded to the New Queen, First and Second Runner up, respectively. Mementos of this event will be presented to all Candidates
- At Least five and no more than seven judges will be selected from various professions in the El Paso Community. Judges just be impartial and responsible individuals that are well respected in the community.
- Judging will be conducted at intervals during the various Fiesta functions with the final judging will occur on Saturday at the Fiesta grounds.
- The above-mentioned scholarships will be awarded upon presentation of a letter of acceptance and/or official transcript to the scholarship chairman. Scholarship recipients may attend any institution of higher learning of their choice.
- Appropriate trophies will be presented to the candidate selected queen as well as the first, second and third runners up.
- The Following awards will be given to candidates as selected by the appropriate group.
Miss Congeniality-Selected by the contestants
Most photogenic-Selected by the El Paso/Juarez press
Presidential Award-Selected by the Queen Candidate Committee
These awards have NO BEARING on the selection of the new queen.
The winner will make herself available for any appearance by the Fiesta Committee during the one-year reign. She will consult with the Fiesta Committee Coordinator before accepting any public engagement to represent the Fiesta de las Flores as the Queen. In the event the new queen is unable to perform her duties as Fiesta Queen, the first runner-up will assume the title as designated by the Fiesta de las Flores Coordinator.
FIESTA DE LAS FLORES
3700 Durazno Street El Paso, TX 79903 (915) 533-3730 Fax (915) 562-7743